Wednesday 12 December 2012

So being an introvert my entire life, large social settings can be one of the hardest things to become a part of.  I am encouraged by friends of mine who are more on the extrovert side to just "jump in and have fun"  and "don't stand against the wall with one person....mix and mingle damn it!"  And even after one or two glasses of courage, the most mixing and mingling that happens is between red wine and white.

I chose to be a real estate agent because I love houses and condos.  I love the helping people to choose such a wonderful thing such as property and turn it into a home of their own and make it beautiful.  Studying to become a real estate agent was great too.  I enjoyed every bit of it...for the most part, and had no problem doing the correspondence through my lunch hour every day at my full time job.  Once complete, I was a well of knowledge, but not quite prepared to face you...the people.  So now, I am figuring out after quietly and discreetly dropping off marketing ads at people's doors, that I can't just stop there.  I have to get out there (or some I am told) and network.

I will be going to my very first social networking event this week.  A birthday party to be exact,  for a well known realtor in Toronto.  I will keep you posted on how it went.  Hopefully, there will less mixing of red and white wine and more mingling.  Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment